ContactP: (336) 229-3540
F: (336) 229-3146
The Professional Standards Division is responsible for:
Budget, Research, Grants, Payroll, Policy Review, Records Division, Crime Analysis Recruitment of police positions (Police Officers, Telecommunicators, Civilian positions), Application Process, Background Screening and the New Hire Processing.
The Division is supervised by Captain Mark Rascoe (336) 229-3544
– Crime Analyst (336) 229-3539
Darsell Hadley – Records Supervisor (336) 229-3523
Lori Oxendine - Identification Supervisor (336) 229-3522
Angela Satterfield - Police Human Resources Specialist (336)-229-3535
Mission Statement“The Burlington Police Department is committed to improving the quality of life, in partnership with our community, through fair and professional police services.”Core Values
- We respect the rights, liberties, and dignity of all; serving with compassion, respect, and courtesy.
- We believe that citizen involvement is crucial to improving the quality of life in our community.
- We recognize the value and importance of professionalism, planning, teamwork, and integrity in providing quality police services.
- We continuously seek to improve our ability to provide public safety through proactive crime prevention and community policing strategies, use of technology, and compliance with standards established by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
- We value and recognize the importance of our employees and their contributions.
- We take pride in the dedication, loyalty, integrity, professionalism, and leadership of our employees.
- We are committed to providing each employee the necessary training, resources, and opportunities for them to achieve their full potential.
- We value and recognize the importance of all members of our diverse community, and their contributions and concerns.
- Code of Ethics
2016 Annual Report - Click HERE
FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY CONTACT OUR HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST ANGELA SATTERFIELD AT 336-229-3535.
The Burlington Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Burlington Police Department continually receives applications for entry level Police Officers - (Certified and Non-Certified), and maintain a year round open hiring process.
Apply online through NeoGov by visiting www.BurlingtonNC.gov/Jobs.
Applications should be returned to the Police Department Monday – Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
For a current list of job openings, please contact Human Resources.
Recruitment – LINK TO RECRUITMENT PAGE for additional information.
Benefit Outline – This is an outline of benefits for officers in a pdf document.
Brochure – This brochure may help answer questions about police positions
The Hiring Process
Angela Satterfield is the department’s Human Resources Specialist. Please direct hiring process inquires to her at 336-229-3535 or .