Our community shows their appreciation for the Burlington Police Department in many ways. Below are just some examples of the kind words and thoughtful acts shared with the department or specific members to show the support and involvement we have with our citizens.
For any feedback you have regarding interactions with our Department please click here
- The Blessed Sacrament 3rd grade class brought cookies for the department. They are discussing community service in class and wanted to thank the department
- Ms. A called Administration on behalf of Ms. B. She wanted to say how much they appreciated Ofc. Chritian coming to Ms. B's home. He came out on both Saturday and Sunday and blew some leaves for Ms. B, who is older and unable to do such things on her own. Ms. B said it was a pleasure and and honor to have Ofc. Christian come out and help her. She, also, wanted to say how important it is for older and younger people to have contact with each other.
- Email regarding Ofc. Arcos - "Hello Chief, I had an experience last night with one of your officers that I would like to tell you about. Last night around 11:30 PM my house alarm went off. I live alone and have had an experience with my husband that a restraining order is in place so you can understand how scared I was. When the officers arrived they were absolutely wonderful and made sure everything was okay. I did not close the door all the way and the wind blew the door opened. A few minutes later Officer Arcos returned to tell me that my gate would not close all the way and was concerned that my dogs could get out of my yard. I was so impressed with this young man. In the few minutes we spoke, he recognized right away a very upset and nervous woman and because of his genuine care and concern had the ability make me feel safe. Not to mention the fact that he cared enough to come back for the safety of my dogs. In the past several months, because of my situation, I have had quit a few interactions with several of your officers. Each and every one of them make me proud to say I live in the city of Burlington and I am protected by the best police department in the country. You should be very proud!! Thank you for all you and your department do. Warm regards, J"
- Administration received a call from a Mr. B who was involved in a car accident. According to Mr. B, Ofcs. S. Harris-Stewart and J. Baer arrived at the scene to assist with the accident and complete the crash report. He stated that both officers were very professional, polite, extremely kind, and understanding. He stated he could not let this opportunity to pass by without contacting the chief to advise him of the excellent work done by the "dynamic duo".
- Mr. T called administration to advise the chief of what an awesome and professional job Ofc. S. Elliott did when he was called to the location of their car accident. According to Mr. T, he was very impressed with Ofc. Elliott and could not say enough about how happy both he and his wife were with the way he handled the unfortunate incident.
- Ms. R called Administration to comment on how professional, great, good, and kind Ofc. Smith was to her on Friday when she had an accident. She stated she was very about the accident, but Ofc. Smith's composure calmed her down and made the incident more pleasant both for her and the other involved party.
- A card was dropped off at the desk for Officer Brian Farmer to thank him for his professionalism and extreme kindness the other day when a citizen had a heart attack at a local restaurant. Officer Farmer arrived as EMS personnel were trying to revive the patron. According to Mr. S’ daughter, Officer Farmer stayed with her mom the entire time and while he comforted her, he, also, made certain to shield Mrs. S from witnessing the revival attempts on her husband. The professionalism, kindness, and humane treatment that was rendered to her mother during the sad and tragic incident will never be forgotten by the family members.
- "Dear Chief Smythe, on behalf of the Alamance Pride Board, I sincerely thank you and the entire Burlington Police Department for, frankly, keeping us safe. The annual Alamance Pride Festival is obviously very important to the community and we feel protected and supported by you and your officers. What a wonderful thing for you to do! Sincerely, L.K."
- "Just a little note to say, 'Merry Christmas' and thank you to the Burlington Police Department for all you do on a daily bases for all of us in Burlington. Your dedication, devotion and hard work does not go unnoticed, and your professionalism is outstanding. We continue to keep you in our prayers daily for your safety and protection. As many family's are celebrating Christmas and New Year's many of you will be working and away from your family and loved ones protecting all of us and our communities so we all can have a safe holiday. We thank you all so very much and may God bless each of you and protect you daily in 2017." - BPD Facebook
- Regarding the Pen Pal Project - "Burlington Police Department, I want to personally thank you for what all of you have done. I appreciate the time and thought you put into the letters that were written. My kids loved receiving letters every Thursday. They also became more excited and comfortable with writing. I hope that you guys will consider doing this project at other schools and with other students. Thank you, K.B."
- "Praying for each and every one of you every day. Thank you for all you do. May God encampment his 'special Angel's' around each one of you as you do your job both on and off the clock." - J.C. via Facebook