Inspections Department 425 South Lexington Ave.
P.O. Box 1358
Burlington, NC 27216
P: (336) 222-5080, F: (336) 222-5090
Welcome to the Inspections Department. The Inspections Department handles a multitude of projects within the City of Burlington's jurisdiction involving the North Carolina Building Codes.
In addition to general building permits, we also conduct specific inspections of electrical systems; mechanical systems including heating and cooling, and refrigeration; plumbing systems; and other miscellaneous items. For your convenience, we maintain a list of various permits and their associated fees.
Fee Schedule - Effective 7/1/2019
Click to download an application form:
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Journeyman Card
- Residential Plan Review Requirements
- Residential Permit Application-New Dwellings
- Residential Permit Application-Additions, Garages, Decks & Storage Buildings
- Temporary Power Application
To schedule inspections, view the results of inspections and estimate inspection fees please click on the following link: https://webex.burlingtonnc.gov
In accordance with Session Law 2017-130, the City of Burlington Inspections Department has provided a document to request component or element inspections. Further instructions can be found within the document.
The City of Burlington Inspections Department will be allowing Live-Remote Inspections during the pandemic. Please see the link below for details regarding this service.
- Live-Remote Inspections.
- NCDOI recent release regarding Live-Remote Inspections will be at the discretion of the Inspector.